1. No, i have not cut anyone's hair. There is an unopened clipper on the counter, awaiting the time when the ugly bug of rut or lice-itude shows its head again. I feel lame for not giving you a bald me but am very afraid that I will be cold and ugly AND bald when this happens and I am not alltogether comfortable with those three things.
2. The school is settling out, 23 kids in his class and things being dealt with in a sortof timely fashion.
3. Another PTO meeting, at which I spoke a bit in a fairly intelligent but vaguely pointless (certainly ineffectual) sort of way ... stroke victims sat off to the side so I focused on them less. have decided they are stroke victims instead of alcoholics as I can handle that more. The principal made cookies.
4. The school nurse was totally cool about our lice problem and couldn't find any in his hair when i showed up that morning anyhow. totally cool.
4a. Yesterday the school nurse called me to come pick him up because he had a rash and said it was because he ate strawberries.
4a1. he didn't eat strawberries, he had mosquito bites.
hmmm. mosquito bites? hmmm. . . okay. okay.
5. I got his progress report today and says he needs improvement in writing.
hello? he is in school to learn how to write. to learn. how. to . write.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Posted by Kate Bowie at 2:15 PM